How to Implement Single Sourcing — Interview with Neil Perlin
Download the MP3 file
Duration: 26 min.
Neil Perlin, a renowned trainer, consulter, and developer, talks about how to implement single sourcing. He includes a discussion of tools, pitfalls to avoid, and practical steps to take.
Topics covered in this 25 minute podcasts include:
- Definitions and benefits of single sourcing
- Different methods of single sourcing
- Myths about single sourcing
- Pitfalls with single sourcing you'll want to avoid
- Discussion of single sourcing tools (including Flare, AuthorIT, Robohelp, and more)
- Steps to take to actually implement single sourcing
- Who exactly is single sourcing
- Resources to learn more about single sourcing
Neil mentions a few resources in the podcast. For convenience, here are the web addresses: http://stc.org/, http://www.w3.org/, http://www.oasis-open.org/, http://www.astd.org/astd, http://ispi.org/. The music in this podcast is from Gary through Podshow.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in simplifying complexity, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.