Joomla, an Open-Source Content Management System Solution — Interview with Sean Wheller about Joomla
Download MP3 file
Duration: 33 min.
Sean Wheller, from Johannesburg, South Africa, talks about one of the most popular open-source content management systems available today — Joomla.
Topics covered in this podcast include
- The meaning of “open source” applications
- Benefits of automated workflows and templates
- Uses of Joomla, from websites to newsletters
- Advantages of Joomla as a content management system
- Comparisons of Joomla with other open source content management systems
- Installation of Joomla and tips for learning how to use it
- The technical writing community in Johannesburg
Sean uses Joomla to power his websites:
For more on Joomla, go to Joomla's website, http://joomla.org.
Note: The music in this podcast is from Anne Davis from Podshow.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in , API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.