How to Increase Collaboration and Performance — Interview with Emma Hamer
Download MP3 file
Duration: 42 min.
Emma Hamer, a performance improvement consultant in Vancouver, Canada, explains how to move your performance up to another level by setting up the ideal collaborative workspace, overcoming team members' fears of change, and addressing other common problems in the workplace.
In this podcast, she covers the following:
- Helping writers cope with major changes (such as implementing a CMS)
- Understanding the difference between a group and a team
- Radically increasing collaboration and communication on project teams
- Changing the way your workspace is organized
- Encouraging your employees to present great ideas
- Dealing with lack of consensus in a department
- Understanding human factors about managing and leading
- Making performance reviews less burdensome and more accurate
To leave a comment on this podcast, call 727-493-2139, send an email to [email protected], or use the comment feature on the post.
Music from the Podshow music network.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in , API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.