Keith Hoffman Interviews Susan Burton, Exec. Director of the STC
Download the MP3 file
Duration: 15 min.
Keith Hoffman, president of the Four Lakes STC chapter in Madison, Wisconsin, interviews Susan Burton, the executive director of the STC. Susan discusses the big things happening with STC, gives an overview of the annual conference in Minneapolis, and shares her view on the future of the technical communication profession.
Specific topics include:
- The upcoming STC conference in Minneapolis
- The conference's emphasis on value for advanced practitioners
- Six major objectives of the STC
- Strategies for increasing salaries for technical communicators
- What it means to "tell our powerful story"
- Sound financial footing strategies to offer increased member benefits and services
- The upcoming STC website redesign as a portal of information to help members access useful information for their jobs
- How individuals members can do to benefit the STC
- The future of technical communication and her vision of the STC
- The Four Lakes Chapter's blog is at http://4lakes.blogspot.com/.
- Read the vision of The New STC
- STC Minneapolis Conference site
- Susan Burton's bio.
- To contact Susan, send her an e-mail at [email protected].
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in simplifying complexity, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.