Different Uses of WordPress
You can use WordPress for much more than just a personal blog. The following sites show the variety of WordPress implementations:
- Chapter site: Suncoast STC | STC Alaska
- Special Interest Site (SIG): Hyperviews
- Competition Information: FTCC
- News: NY Times
- Store: Moo [printing]
- Hypertext book: GAM3R 7H3ORY
- Travel Guide: 71miles
- Online Magazine: XXL Magazine and Cebu Living.
- Budget: Mo.neytrack.in
- Company site: http://www.obuweb.com/ | http://www.pamtreece.com/ | http://www.quietmove.com/ | http://www.skylinesteelincaz.com/
- Store: http://www.moo.com/
- Article library: http://a-level.econoref.net/articles/
- Audio library: http://librivox.org/
- Podcast site: Tech Writer Voices | Podcast Tools
- Tutorials: How to Podcast
- Portfolio: http://www.freewaydesign.com/ For more info, see this site.
- News Aggregator: http://www.medpeek.com/
- Encyclopedia: http://www.drugsfiles.com/
- Petition site: http://www.twintowersalliance.com/petition/
- Job listing site: Suncoast Jobs
- Book: http://www.qiblah.us/
- Composition class: Writing 101
- Education: Edublogs | Harvard blogs
- Sitebuilder: http://flare9.com/
- Cub Scout Pack site: Cub Scouts
- Relationship building tools: President's blog (not WordPress)
- Niche news/visibility: The Content Wrangler (not WordPress)
- Help system for realtors: Pinellas 411 (not WordPress)
- Corporate blog: Openlogic (not WordPress)
Despite all of these others uses, WordPress works best when you use it as a blog.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in , API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.