Introduction to Technical Writing (podcast)
Download MP3 (to download, right-click and select Save Target As)
Length: 43 min.
In this podcast, I talk with Ricardo Amigo, a translator and podcaster in Mexico City and Costa Rica, about the field of technical writing. This podcast is more of a reverse interview. Instead of me asking the questions, Ricardo interviews me. The general topic is the field of technical writing, including all of the following:
- My path into technical writing
- Structured authoring
- XML and DITA
- Information architecture
- Usability -- for documentation and software interfaces
- Publication formats for help material
- Breaking into technical writing
- Tools for help authoring
- The growth of technical writing
- Creativity and technical writing
- A typical day as a technical writer
- Translation techniques and tools
- Simplified technical English
Ricardo's company is called Amigo Audio, and they principally do translation. For example, if you need your manual or software interface translated, Amigo Audio can help. You can contact Ricardo Amigo at [email protected]. Additionally, you can read more about their translation services at Amigo Audio.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.