Add Links Using the Publish2 Bookmarklet
When you're on a blog post or article that you find interesting, you can add a link to Writer River using the Publish2 bookmarklet. The bookmarklet is a little window that opens up with information about the page you're reading automatically inserted into its fields.
To add links using the Publish2 bookmarklet:
- Install the bookmarklet, if you haven't already. To install the bookmarklet:
- Go to Publish2.com and log in.
- Go to Settings > Add Bookmarklet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the bookmarklet to your browser's link bar.
- Browse to the page you want to add to Writer River.
- Click the Link with Publish2 link in your browser.
- Complete the fields of the bookmarklet form as desired. Many of the fields are optional. Descriptions are as follows:
- Click Save.
[table id=1 /]
Here's a screenshot of a sample submission.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in simplifying complexity, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.