Recently, I was interviewed by Felcia Gopaul for a podcast on technical writing as part of a series by College Funding Source on careers. Felicia has a goal of interviewing 100 professionals in 100 different careers. This interview, as you can guess, is about being a technical writer. You can check it out here. You can also download the MP3 file from this link.
Felicia lists the major details of the podcast as follows:
- Tom's story in becoming the successful technical writer that he is today
- The difference between Technical Writing and other types of writing, and the types of organizations that might hire a technical writer
- The variety of roles that technical writers take part of, roles beyond writing
- Career paths towards becoming a Technical Writer and the skill sets needed to succeed in this field
- Changes and trends of today's industry
- Why this is considered as one of the Top 100 Careers of the decade
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. Topics I write about on this blog include the following technical communication topics: Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, and certificate programs. I'm interested in information design, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a professional or aspiring technical writer, be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.