Podcast on Technical Writing
Recently, I was interviewed by Felcia Gopaul for a podcast on technical writing as part of a series by College Funding Source on careers. Felicia has a goal of interviewing 100 professionals in 100 different careers. This interview, as you can guess, is about being a technical writer. You can check it out here. You can also download the MP3 file from this link.
Felicia lists the major details of the podcast as follows:
- Tom's story in becoming the successful technical writer that he is today
- The difference between Technical Writing and other types of writing, and the types of organizations that might hire a technical writer
- The variety of roles that technical writers take part of, roles beyond writing
- Career paths towards becoming a Technical Writer and the skill sets needed to succeed in this field
- Changes and trends of today's industry
- Why this is considered as one of the Top 100 Careers of the decade
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in , API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.