5 REST API resources to add to your reading list
Here are a few good REST API resources to add to your reading list:
- An API a Day. This is a Tumblr blog by Lois Patterson. She’s provides brief updates on different API resources she finds.
- Undisturbed REST: A Guide to Designing the Perfect API. This is a free book (written by Michael Stowe) that you can download in PDF format. It covers how to design a REST API, with an emphasis on using the RAML spec. Reading this book has helped me understand the philosophy and purpose of using a spec in designing an API.
- Learn REST: A RESTful Tutorial, by Todd Fredrich. This site, by Todd Fredrich, provides some great tutorials on REST APIs.
- Nordic APIs. The Nordic APIs blog (a multi-author site) has some excellent info on a variety of API topics. For example, see this post about the top specifications for REST API formats.
- REST API Notes newsletter. This newsletter, by Matthew Reinbold, has some great API news and analysis.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in simplifying complexity, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.