Technical Writing in India — Interview with Sandeep Balakrishna
Duration: 32 min.
In this podcast, I talk with Sandeep Balakrishna, a seasoned technical writer based in Bangalore, India. He has been a technical writer for 10 years, and has observed the explosive growth of technical writing in India. According to Google Trends, seven of the top ten cities where the term "technical writing" is searched is India. What does that mean? Is outsourcing growing or shrinking? What is the Indian perspective on technical writing?
Topics in this podcast include:
- Growth rate of technical writing in India
- Techniques Indian technical writers use to interact with outsourcing companies
- Resources Indian technical writers use to learn about technical writing
- Technical writing curriculums in India
- STC India and Technical Writers of India (TWIN)
- The future of technical writing in India
- Salaries of technical writers and the respect of the technical writing profession
- Cultural factors in the workplace
- Common tools used by Indian technical writers
- Descriptions of Bangalore
- Google Trends: http://google.com/trends?q=technical+writing
- TWIN (Technical Writers of India): http://twin-india.org/portal/index.php
- STC India http://stc-india.org/
You can contact Sandeep at [email protected].
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in , API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.