Feel free to contact me using the form below. However, for most questions, I recommend two other channels instead:
- Reddit Technical Writing subreddit. This is a great space to ask beginner questions. You can also ask anonymous questions if you want.
- Write the Docs Slack. This is a popular space where a lot of technical writers interact, with many different channels.
If you’re looking for answers to common questions, check out these posts:
- Technical Writing Careers – Answering 13 Questions about Technical Writing Jobs
- Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Writing
- Posts for beginners
Still want to contact me? Note that I ignore a few topics:
- Requests to describe a day in the life of a technical writer
- Questions about whether tech writing is a good career fit for you
- Requests to write guest posts that contain backlinks to your product
- Invitations for SEO services for my site
- Outreach from recruiters trying to fill contract roles at companies
Although you can use the contact form below, note that you can also direct message me on Twitter @tomjohnson. Allow for 1-2 days for me to get back to you, as my inbox is a constant stream of incoming messages.