Feel free to contact me using the form below. However, for most questions, I recommend two other channels instead:
- Reddit Technical Writing subreddit. This is a great space to ask beginner questions. You can also ask anonymous questions if you want.
- Write the Docs Slack. This is a popular space where a lot of technical writers interact, with many different channels.
Still want to contact me? Note that I ignore a few topics:
- Requests to describe a day in the life of a technical writer
- Requests from students to interview a professional technical writer
- Questions about whether tech writing is a good career fit for you
- Requests to write guest posts that contain backlinks to your product
- Invitations for SEO services for my site
- Outreach from recruiters trying to fill contract roles at companies
Here’s the form to contact me:
Content from the form gets sent to my email. If you’d rather email me directly, you can also do that by sending a message to [email protected]. Give me a few days to get back to you. If you don’t hear back after a week, reach out to me again.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer / API doc specialist based in the Seattle area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation if you're looking for more info about that. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.