12 Days of Christmas in June Giveaway
For the next 12 days, I'm coordinating with various companies to give away a product a day, as part of a 12 Days of Christmas in June theme. This is an opportunity to try out new software that may be new to you, for companies to receive a bit of promotion, and to kick off the blog fun that will last all summer long.
Here's how the contest works: Each morning at 6 a.m. MST I'll post a new cartoon, hand-drawn by my colleague Ben Minson of Gryphon Mountain, who is also a cartoonist. The cartoon will need a caption. To win the contest, you must supply the best caption in the comments below the post. The caption winner receives the product for that day.
Here are the products available and their corresponding dates:
- Day 1 -- Thursday, June 4: Snagit
- Day 2 -- Friday, June 5: Camtasia Studio
- Day 3 -- Saturday, June 6: Screensteps
- Day 4 -- Sunday, June 7: Screensteps
- Day 5 -- Monday, June 8: 100 Pack of Moo Mini Cards
- Day 6 -- Tuesday, June 9: Camtasia Studio
- Day 7 -- Wednesday, June 10: Madap Flare 5
- Day 8 -- Thursday, June 11: Dr. Explain
- Day 9 -- Saturday, June 13: Camtasia Studio
- Day 10 -- Sunday, June 14: Snagit
- Day 11 -- Monday, June 15: Snagit
- Day 12 -- Tuesday, June 16: Author-it
The best caption will be a completely subjective decision chosen by either me or someone I designate. This is not a random selection drawing. Winners will be announced each morning at 6 a.m. EST, right before the next cartoon appears.
Note that you can submit as many captions as you want on any given day. If you win one day, you can also win the next as well, so don't save all your best captions for one day. Also, when you submit your caption, you give us rights to use the caption in future material as we see fit (though nothing is planned). Winners will receive a serial number and download link to the product.
- Techsmith is sponsoring the giveaways of Snagit and Camtasia Studio.
- Blue Mango Learning Systems is sponsoring the giveaways of Screensteps.
- Indigo Byte Systems is sponsoring the giveaway of Dr. Explain.
- Madcap Software is sponsoring the giveaway of Flare 5.
- Author-it is sponsoring the giveaway of Author-it.
If you have any questions, just contact me.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in , API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.