Podcast with Alan Houser -- Candidate for STC Vice President
I recently interviewed Alan Houser, candidate for STC vice president, in a podcast about his perspectives and plans for the STC. Both Alan and Vici Koster-Lenhardt are running for this position. I asked each of them the following five questions:
- What's one of the greatest challenge STC members face right now. Any solutions?
- What would you like to see differently in the STC?
- Local chapters struggle to make their events relevant to members. How would you help fix this problem?
- How can you help you resolve the rift between academics and practitioners?
- Given the variety of job titles/specializations in the STC, how can you keep the magazines, conferences, webinars, etc. relevant?
The election runs from March 9 to March 30. You can ask the candidate questions here.
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in simplifying complexity, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.