Blogging Webinar Thursday Evening
I'm giving a webinar on blogging tomorrow evening for the Rocky Mountain STC chapter at 7 p.m. MST. As a webinar, it's open to everyone, not just the Rocky Mountain chapter. The cost for the remote viewing of the webinar is $10. More webinar details here.
To give you a little more preview about what I'll cover, here are the ten main topics:
- The Blog as an Expected Format
- Why Bother to Blog?
- Search Engine Optimization: The #1 Perceived Value of Blogging
- The Most Difficult Part of Blogging: Generating Content Regularly
- How Your Audience Consumes Blog Information
- Key Elements of Blog Appeal: Story, Voice, Transparency, Honesty
- Making the 652 Posts Findable on Your Blog
- Comments -- and What to Do With Them
- What Happens to You When You Blog
- Questions Everyone Asks About WordPress
March 3 Update: You can listen to a recording of the webinar. I split it up into two parts:
I'd Rather Be Writing Newsletter
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical communication — Swagger, agile, trends, learning, plain language, quick reference guides, tech comm careers, academics, and more. I'm interested in simplifying complexity, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture and findability, and more. If you're a technical writer of any kind (progressional, transitioning, student), be sure to subscribe to email updates using the form above. You can learn more about me here. You can also contact me with questions.