Podcast -- Blogging for Technical Communicators Webinar (Part 1)
Download MP3 (to download, right-click and select Save Target As)
Length: 30 min.
This podcast is a recording of the Blogging for Technical Communicators webinar that I gave to the STC-Rocky Mountain chapter on February 19, 2009. I split the recording into two parts due to length. This first half covers the following four topics:
- The Blog as an Expected Format
- Why Bother to Blog?
- Search Engine Optimization: The #1 Perceived Value of Blogging
- The Most Difficult Part of Blogging: Generating Content Regularly
Here's the accompanying PowerPoint visual.
Note: After you listen to Part 1, be sure to continue to Part 2.
Links Mentioned in the Webinar
At some point during the webinar (either first or second part) I mentioned the following sites. Here are links to each:
- Writer River
- All in One SEO pack WordPress plugin
- Self-hosted WordPress
- Freely hosted WordPress
- Sharon Burton's Blog
- Stumble Upon
- WordPress Consulting
- Zyblog Social plugin
- John Hewitt's Poewar.com
- WordPress Weekly
- Google Reader
- Penelope Trunk, The Brazen Careerist, "How to build a career as an artist"
- Poewar's series on his career as a technical communicator
- The Content Wrangler
- What would Seth Godin do plugin
- ITauthor podcast
- Where to find cool looking WordPress themes
- What plugins to use