Blogging Webinar Thursday Evening
I'm giving a webinar on blogging tomorrow evening for the Rocky Mountain STC chapter at 7 p.m. MST. As a webinar, it's open to everyone, not just the Rocky Mountain chapter. The cost for the remote viewing of the webinar is $10. More webinar details here.
To give you a little more preview about what I'll cover, here are the ten main topics:
- The Blog as an Expected Format
- Why Bother to Blog?
- Search Engine Optimization: The #1 Perceived Value of Blogging
- The Most Difficult Part of Blogging: Generating Content Regularly
- How Your Audience Consumes Blog Information
- Key Elements of Blog Appeal: Story, Voice, Transparency, Honesty
- Making the 652 Posts Findable on Your Blog
- Comments -- and What to Do With Them
- What Happens to You When You Blog
- Questions Everyone Asks About WordPress
March 3 Update: You can listen to a recording of the webinar. I split it up into two parts:
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.