Add Links Using the Publish2 Bookmarklet
When you're on a blog post or article that you find interesting, you can add a link to Writer River using the Publish2 bookmarklet. The bookmarklet is a little window that opens up with information about the page you're reading automatically inserted into its fields.
To add links using the Publish2 bookmarklet:
- Install the bookmarklet, if you haven't already. To install the bookmarklet:
- Go to Publish2.com and log in.
- Go to Settings > Add Bookmarklet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the bookmarklet to your browser's link bar.
- Browse to the page you want to add to Writer River.
- Click the Link with Publish2 link in your browser.
- Complete the fields of the bookmarklet form as desired. Many of the fields are optional. Descriptions are as follows:
- Click Save.
[table id=1 /]
Here's a screenshot of a sample submission.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer / API doc specialist based in the Seattle area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.