Upcoming event:I'm giving an API documentation workshop in Los Angeles, California, on January 23, 2020. Check it out on EventBrite.
Input needed:I'm gathering data about trends in developer documentation for 2020. If you write docs for developers, please take this survey. (You can view the ongoing results here.)
Write the Docs Podcast Episode 4 -- Continuous Integration and Docs as Code
Episode 4 of the Write the Docs podcast is now available. In this episode, we talk about continuous integration strategies for docs (for style, screenshots, and REST calls). We also dive into discussions around docs as code, including how to encourage developer collaboration, how to stay informed about code updates that developers make, and more.
Links mentioned during the podcast
- Improve Documentation by Automating Spelling and Grammar Checks
- Testing Code Examples in Documentation
- Automating Screenshots in Documentation
- Continuous integration and delivery for documentation
- Transforming Developer and Support Documentation with Docs Like Code
- Announcing: Docs Like Code
- Docs like Code book site
- Remodeling Documentation
Sponsored message:Modern companies go online with their documentation and user manuals. To start your own documentation site today, just use ClickHelp — sign up and start writing in minutes using this hosted technical writing tool.