Adding a new AI section to my API doc course
Some of the articles I have planned include the following:
- Creating AI chat experiences for users
- Using AI to learn and document code
- ai Prompt engineering for docs
- Toward a holy grail of auto-generated documentation generated by AI
- Use AI to create shell scripts to manage and publish docs
- Use AI to fix OpenAPI specification errors
- Create summaries for docs with AI
- Improve search with AI tools
- Use AI to summarize bug threads and resolutions
Any other ideas for me? Let me know. You can see the new section here: Chapter 15: AI tools and API documentation.
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.