Podcast: All about Redocly, with founder Adam Altman
In this podcast, I chat with Adam Altman all about Redocly, an authoring/publishing tool for creating API documentation. Topics we discuss include why he started Redocly, the approach to API doc tools, what explains the continued popularity of Redocly, the docs-as-code approach to API tooling, and more.
Note that this is a sponsored podcast.
You can download the MP3 file, subscribe in iTunes, Google Podcasts, or other podcast platforms.
- The reason Adam started Redocly while working at Rebilly
- Redocly’s main products, including the difference between Redoc and Redocly
- What’s unique about Redocly from other API solutions
- The primary audience for Redocly
- Providing robust authoring tools for advanced users while also allowing non-technical users to collaborate with content development
- The main problems customers try to solve with Redocly
- The continued prevalence of APIs within the developer community
- Redocly’s docs-as-code approaches and infrastructure
- Showcase examples of sites built with Redocly
- Redocly’s ongoing innovation and roadmap
- Developer portal options with Redocly, and seamless integration between reference and non-reference content
- Lessons and insights learned with product development over the last several years
Links and resources
- Redoc vs Redocly
- Redocly developer portals
- Redocly blog
- Redocly CLI
- API Wisdom newsletter
- Australia Post Office API site
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer / API doc specialist based in the Seattle area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.