How to Increase Collaboration and Performance — Interview with Emma Hamer
Emma Hamer, a performance improvement consultant in Vancouver, Canada, explains how to move your performance up to another level by setting up the ideal collaborative workspace, overcoming team members' fears of change, and addressing other common problems in the workplace.
In this podcast, she covers the following:
- Helping writers cope with major changes (such as implementing a CMS)
- Understanding the difference between a group and a team
- Radically increasing collaboration and communication on project teams
- Changing the way your workspace is organized
- Encouraging your employees to present great ideas
- Dealing with lack of consensus in a department
- Understanding human factors about managing and leading
- Making performance reviews less burdensome and more accurate
To leave a comment on this podcast, call 727-493-2139, send an email to [email protected], or use the comment feature on the post.
Music from the Podshow music network.
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.