Keith Hoffman Interviews Susan Burton, Exec. Director of the STC
Keith Hoffman, president of the Four Lakes STC chapter in Madison, Wisconsin, interviews Susan Burton, the executive director of the STC. Susan discusses the big things happening with STC, gives an overview of the annual conference in Minneapolis, and shares her view on the future of the technical communication profession.
Specific topics include:
- The upcoming STC conference in Minneapolis
- The conference's emphasis on value for advanced practitioners
- Six major objectives of the STC
- Strategies for increasing salaries for technical communicators
- What it means to "tell our powerful story"
- Sound financial footing strategies to offer increased member benefits and services
- The upcoming STC website redesign as a portal of information to help members access useful information for their jobs
- How individuals members can do to benefit the STC
- The future of technical communication and her vision of the STC
- The Four Lakes Chapter's blog is at http://4lakes.blogspot.com/.
- Read the vision of The New STC
- STC Minneapolis Conference site
- Susan Burton's bio.
- To contact Susan, send her an e-mail at [email protected].
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.