WordPress Tip: Install WordPress Locally
You can install WordPress locally on your computer if you're traveling or planning to be offline and you still want to work with WordPress.
I also embedded this video in a WordPress wiki that I'm developing.
Installing WordPress locally involves about 6 steps:
- Download and install Wampserver.
- Create a database in phpmyadmin.
- Add a user with privileges to the database.
- Download WordPress and extract to a folder in the www directory.
- Customize the wp-config-sample.php file.
- Run the WordPress install script at wp-admin/install.php.