Podcast with Alan Houser -- Candidate for STC Vice President
I recently interviewed Alan Houser, candidate for STC vice president, in a podcast about his perspectives and plans for the STC. Both Alan and Vici Koster-Lenhardt are running for this position. I asked each of them the following five questions:
- What's one of the greatest challenge STC members face right now. Any solutions?
- What would you like to see differently in the STC?
- Local chapters struggle to make their events relevant to members. How would you help fix this problem?
- How can you help you resolve the rift between academics and practitioners?
- Given the variety of job titles/specializations in the STC, how can you keep the magazines, conferences, webinars, etc. relevant?
The election runs from March 9 to March 30. You can ask the candidate questions here.
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.