5 REST API resources to add to your reading list
Here are a few good REST API resources to add to your reading list:
- An API a Day. This is a Tumblr blog by Lois Patterson. She’s provides brief updates on different API resources she finds.
- Undisturbed REST: A Guide to Designing the Perfect API. This is a free book (written by Michael Stowe) that you can download in PDF format. It covers how to design a REST API, with an emphasis on using the RAML spec. Reading this book has helped me understand the philosophy and purpose of using a spec in designing an API.
- Learn REST: A RESTful Tutorial, by Todd Fredrich. This site, by Todd Fredrich, provides some great tutorials on REST APIs.
- Nordic APIs. The Nordic APIs blog (a multi-author site) has some excellent info on a variety of API topics. For example, see this post about the top specifications for REST API formats.
- REST API Notes newsletter. This newsletter, by Matthew Reinbold, has some great API news and analysis.
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.