Podcast: How Paligo is filling a niche in the CCMS market for complex documentation, with Anders Svensson
Listen to the podcast
Some topics covered during the podcast include the following:
- What niche is Paligo filling with its cloud-based CCMS platform?
- What is a CCMS and when might a doc team need one?
- What constitutes complex documentation?
- Why is content re-use important in complex documentation scenarios?
- How can you re-use content between a support KB site like Zendesk and Paligo?
- How hard would it be to migrate a docs-as-code setup into Paligo?
- How can I integrate an OpenAPI specification into Paligo?
- How does faceted filtering work in Paligo’s Algolia search integration?
- Why is Docbook more accommodating to different content authoring scenarios than DITA?
- Why did Paligo decide to implement two-factor security authorization?
- What kind of collaboration features does Paligo provide?
Related posts from the Paligo blog
- The 5 Principles of Single-Sourcing
- DocBook or DITA for technical writing - What is the difference in 2020?
- Old HAT: time to switch from a Help Authoring Tool to a CCMS?
Also see this post I wrote about Paligo back in 2016: The Story of Paligo: A new browser-based CCMS with all the features you’d ever want.
Note that Paligo is one of the sponsors of my site.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.