New podcast: Unifying Technical Content Sets into a Broader Ecosystem, with Cruce Sanders at [A]
You can listen to the podcast on [A] here:
The basic question of the post/podcast is how to balance small, independent agile teams with enterprise-wide content strategies. Agile software development seems to favor independent, autonomous teams. In contrast, enterprise content strategy looks to harmonize content across multiple teams and boundaries. In a current software development model where agile dominates as the norm, how do you reconcile larger needs for enterprise content strategy? You can read the article here: Autonomous Agile Teams and Enterprise Content Strategy: An Impossible Combination?
We also talk about a host of other issues. You can read a full transcript of the podcast in the episode details. Here are some questions/topics covered:
- How to achieve an integrated customer experience with so many different, autonomous systems each with their own formats, systems, groups, tools, etc.
- How the role of the tech writer has changed over the last decade, and what’s driving the evolution
- How to get structured content out of Markdown and ways it can be transformed and ingested into a CCMS
- How to assess your documentation’s quality
- How to thrive in the coming years given the rapidly changing landscape