Tech comm podcasts are growing -- here's a list
TWi has a nice write-up of their favorite tech comm podcasts in an article called TWi’s Favourite Technical Writing Podcasts. The techcomm podcasts they list include the following:
- Writers of Silicon Valley
- The Content Strategy Podcast
- The Cherryleaf Podcast
- The Content Strategy Experts
- Write the Docs Podcast
- I’d Rather Be Writing
In addition to the above, you might also enjoy these other tech comm podcasts:
- The Not Boring Tech Writer
- 10 Minute Tech Comm
- Content Content
- Instrktiv’s Insane Instructions Show (new)
- The Manuscript (new)
- The Knowledgebase Ninjas (new)
- Content Components (new)
- Titans of Tech Comm (new)
I added a list of these podcasts on a new page on my site called Technical writing podcasts:
Also, on my Podcasts page, I added some more subscribe buttons:
Overall, podcasting will continue to grow in popularity for a number of reasons:
- It’s easier to record and share in-depth content in a podcast. Writing out the same material in a blog post tends to be more time consuming.
- Podcasts create a powerful connection with listeners, since you’re basically inviting someone to whisper in your ear for 30 minutes to an hour while you’re walking, biking, driving, etc.
- In a time where everyone is socially distanced from each other, we crave the human connection. Podcasts tend to bring us closer together than blog posts because the human voice often captures and portrays more emotional elements than writing.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer / API doc specialist based in the Seattle area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.