The story behind Document360 -- podcast with founder Saravana Kumar
You can download the MP3 file, subscribe in iTunes, Google Podcasts, or other podcast platforms.
Here are some of the topics we chat about in the podcast:
- The story behind Document360, why they needed the software, perceived shortcomings in the market, and other beginnings
- The target audience for Document360 and its likely competitors
- The choice of using Markdown as a source format, and whether Markdown creates challenges for localization workflows
- Integration with GitHub and the Document360 API
- Document360’s search (powered by Algolia) coupled with a sidebar filter that lets users narrow by keyword
- What’s on the future roadmap to come
Document360 also has a podcast called Knowledgebase Ninjas, where they regularly interview documentation and KB experts about best practices.
See also the previous post I wrote: How does Document360 handle challenges with API documentation?.
You can explore learn more about Document360 and download a trial at document360.io.
Note: This podcast was sponsored by Document360.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer / API doc specialist based in the Seattle area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.