How to Implement Single Sourcing — Interview with Neil Perlin
Neil Perlin, a renowned trainer, consulter, and developer, talks about how to implement single sourcing. He includes a discussion of tools, pitfalls to avoid, and practical steps to take.
Topics covered in this 25 minute podcasts include:
- Definitions and benefits of single sourcing
- Different methods of single sourcing
- Myths about single sourcing
- Pitfalls with single sourcing you'll want to avoid
- Discussion of single sourcing tools (including Flare, AuthorIT, Robohelp, and more)
- Steps to take to actually implement single sourcing
- Who exactly is single sourcing
- Resources to learn more about single sourcing
Neil mentions a few resources in the podcast. For convenience, here are the web addresses: http://stc.org/, http://www.w3.org/, http://www.oasis-open.org/, http://www.astd.org/astd, http://ispi.org/. The music in this podcast is from Gary through Podshow.
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.