How to Implement Single Sourcing — Interview with Neil Perlin
Download the MP3 file
Duration: 26 min.
Neil Perlin, a renowned trainer, consulter, and developer, talks about how to implement single sourcing. He includes a discussion of tools, pitfalls to avoid, and practical steps to take.
Topics covered in this 25 minute podcasts include:
- Definitions and benefits of single sourcing
- Different methods of single sourcing
- Myths about single sourcing
- Pitfalls with single sourcing you'll want to avoid
- Discussion of single sourcing tools (including Flare, AuthorIT, Robohelp, and more)
- Steps to take to actually implement single sourcing
- Who exactly is single sourcing
- Resources to learn more about single sourcing
Neil mentions a few resources in the podcast. For convenience, here are the web addresses: http://stc.org/, http://www.w3.org/, http://www.oasis-open.org/, http://www.astd.org/astd, http://ispi.org/. The music in this podcast is from Gary through Podshow.Buy me a coffee
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.