Joomla, an Open-Source Content Management System Solution — Interview with Sean Wheller about Joomla
Download MP3 file
Duration: 33 min.
Sean Wheller, from Johannesburg, South Africa, talks about one of the most popular open-source content management systems available today — Joomla.
Topics covered in this podcast include
- The meaning of “open source” applications
- Benefits of automated workflows and templates
- Uses of Joomla, from websites to newsletters
- Advantages of Joomla as a content management system
- Comparisons of Joomla with other open source content management systems
- Installation of Joomla and tips for learning how to use it
- The technical writing community in Johannesburg
Sean uses Joomla to power his websites:
For more on Joomla, go to Joomla's website, http://joomla.org.
Note: The music in this podcast is from Anne Davis from Podshow.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.