Joomla, an Open-Source Content Management System Solution — Interview with Sean Wheller about Joomla
Sean Wheller, from Johannesburg, South Africa, talks about one of the most popular open-source content management systems available today — Joomla.
Topics covered in this podcast include
- The meaning of “open source” applications
- Benefits of automated workflows and templates
- Uses of Joomla, from websites to newsletters
- Advantages of Joomla as a content management system
- Comparisons of Joomla with other open source content management systems
- Installation of Joomla and tips for learning how to use it
- The technical writing community in Johannesburg
Sean uses Joomla to power his websites:
For more on Joomla, go to Joomla's website, http://joomla.org.
Note: The music in this podcast is from Anne Davis from Podshow.
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.