Web 2.0, CMS, and DITA — Interview with Ann Rockley
Download MP3 file
Duration: 39 min.
In this podcast, Ann Rockley, president of the Rockley Group, talks about Web 2.0 trends, content management systems, and DITA.
Specific topics include:
- Web 2.0 trends for content management
- Customer-centric content management
- Card sorting and user-driven architecture
- Content-rating features and dynamic delivery
- Helping users find information in a CMS
- What DITA is and why it important
- Who DITA is right for
- Upcoming DITA plugin for bloggers
- Reasons for successes and failures with content management
- Syndicating RSS feeds in companies
- Breaking down information silos among departments
- The appeal of content management for Ann
To leave a comment on this podcast, call 727-493-2139 and leave a voicemail, send an email to [email protected], or use the comment feature on the post.
Music is provided from the Podshow music network.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the California San Francisco Bay area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.