Understanding Principles of Usability, Part 2 — Karen Bachmann
Download the MP3 file
Duration: 49 min.
This is part two of Karen Bachmann's presentation on Usability. In this part of her presentation, Karen gets more in depth with principles and methods for usability.
Specific topics of the podcast include:
- How to conduct user research
- Analyzing user's tasks
- Understanding the user's environment
- Gathering user requirements
- Turning user goals into measurable success
- Designing usable interfaces
- Testing usability
- Evaluating the usability of a design against defined success criteria
- Conducting usability throughout the development life cycle
Karen Bachmann is the manager of the Usability and User Experience SIG. She is also a past-president of the Suncoast STC chapter and works as a user experience consultant for Seascape Consulting in Tampa, Florida.
You can follow along on the Usability101 (PowerPoint). She starts at about slide 8.
To contact Karen, send her an e-mail at [email protected].