Answering Tough Questions About Wikis -- Interview with Anne Gentle
Duration: 29 min.
In this podcast, Anne Gentle, author of The Quick Web for Technical Documentation, tackles some of the toughest questions about wikis, such as, How do you reuse and possibly single source your wiki content? If only 1 percent of your users contribute, is the wiki even worth it? How do you deal with the lack of a robust style editor in a wiki? What should you do when you do not like a user contribution?
Here's a list of the sites I mentioned:
- Anne Gentle's blog: www.justwriteclick.com
- One Laptop Per Child
- Dojo Offline Toolkit
- Text interview: Dee Elling, a tech pubs manager at CodeGear, discusses wikis that she has maintained or managed. Interview about wikis for tech doc with Dee Elling of CodeGear
- Text interview: Emily Kaplan, a contract writer at Motorola, on the MotoQ wiki maintenance. Wikis for technical documentation, one writer's story
- Podcast interview: Harry Miller at Microsoft interviews Molly Bostic about the MSDN Wiki. MSDN Wiki - An Interview with Molly Bostic
- Anne's article in the Sep/Oct 2007 issue of Intercom: The Quick Web for Technical Documentation
About Tech Writer Voices
Tech Writer Voices features podcasts related to the field of technical communication. You can download and listen to these podcasts on the go, so that while driving to work or running on the gym treadmill, you can continue learning and expanding your knowledge of the rapidly changing, always interesting field of help authoring. Send any feedback to [email protected].