"Load config.xml failed" message with Notepad++
Notepad++ is my favorite text editor, but lately it's been acting a bit berzerk. Every time I open it, NotePad++ says Load Config.xml failed, or something like that. It's been bugging me for weeks. I finally found the fix here. If you get a load config.xml failed message, take these general steps to fix it:
- Go to C:Program FilesNotepad++ (or wherever the program files are).
- Copy the config. model and stylers.model files.
- Go to C:UsersyourusernameAppDataRoamingNotepad++. (If you don't seen an AppData folder, just type the path and the files will appear.)
- If you see an existing config.xml and stylers.xml file in this folder, delete them.
- Paste the files you copied in step 2.
- Rename the pasted files to config.xml and stylers.xml.