Podcast: Content Strategy and Agility, with Noz Urbina
I recently spoke with Noz Urbina, consultant from Mekon Ltd, about his upcoming conference, Congility, and about content strategy.
Based in Valencia, Spain, Noz is one of the industry's thought leaders on XML, DITA, component content management, and content strategy. This year he and Mekon are running a conference called Congility (formerly X-Pubs), held in Gatwick UK, May 25-26.
Noz says that Congility is about making your content "agile," so that your organization can deliver the content your users want, when they want it, in the format they want it. It's also about leveraging the content generated or discussed among your users for your organization's benefit. If you're interested in attending Congility, you can save 20% until April 29th using the discount code TJRBWCA1120.
In this podcast, we talk about the following:
- What a content strategist tackles that a technical writer does not
- How content strategy differs from marketing
- How one becomes a content strategist
- Bridging enterprise silos in your content strategy, especially without the ability to enforce your strategy
- The role of metadata and taxonomy in content strategy
- Challenges with the diversity of authoring platforms and tools in content strategy
To contact Noz, see his blog, Less Work, More Flow, at or send him an e-mail at [email protected]. And don't forget to check out the Congility conference website. Congility is a sponsor of I'd Rather Be Writing.