Podcast on Technical Writing
Recently, I was interviewed by Felcia Gopaul for a podcast on technical writing as part of a series by College Funding Source on careers. Felicia has a goal of interviewing 100 professionals in 100 different careers. This interview, as you can guess, is about being a technical writer. You can check it out here. You can also download the MP3 file from this link.
Felicia lists the major details of the podcast as follows:
- Tom's story in becoming the successful technical writer that he is today
- The difference between Technical Writing and other types of writing, and the types of organizations that might hire a technical writer
- The variety of roles that technical writers take part of, roles beyond writing
- Career paths towards becoming a Technical Writer and the skill sets needed to succeed in this field
- Changes and trends of today's industry
- Why this is considered as one of the Top 100 Careers of the decade
About Tom Johnson
I'm an API technical writer based in the Seattle area. On this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, AI, information architecture, content strategy, writing processes, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out my API documentation course if you're looking for more info about documenting APIs. Or see my posts on AI and AI course section for more on the latest in AI and tech comm.
If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the tech comm, be sure to subscribe to email updates below. You can also learn more about me or contact me. Finally, note that the opinions I express on my blog are my own points of view, not that of my employer.