Videocast: Micro content and Flare -- Conversation with Kate Schneider
If you prefer audio only, here’s the link:
Note that this post was sponsored by Flare.
Try it out yourself
Kate shared some examples from her current documentation at Maxar. To view some examples of micro content in search, go to securewatchdocs.maxar.com and search for the following:
Here’s an example:
Here are a few topics we cover in the podcast:
- What is micro content and why would someone care about it?
- Examples of micro content in search engines
- Examples of micro content in Flare
- How to make decisions about what micro content to create
- How to connect analytics with micro content
- Content re-use strategies with micro content and long-form content
- Time required to create micro content
- Micro content as a key differentiator among help authoring tools
Links for more information
- Secure Watch Online Help
- MadCap Flare 2020 - New Feature: Micro Content Authoring Enhancements
- Working with Micro Content in MadCap Flare 2019
- Mark up your how-to pages with structured data
- Connecting micro content with search analytics – notes on the first MadCap Flare and MadCap Central 2020 Release
- Flare adds micro content feature, taking steps toward content management for AI scenarios
About Kate Schneider
Kate Schneider is a senior technical writer at Maxar Technologies as well as a MadCap Flare consultant. She’s currently based in Colorado, soon moving to Southern California.
About Tom Johnson
I'm a technical writer based in the Seattle area. In this blog, I write about topics related to technical writing and communication — such as software documentation, API documentation, visual communication, information architecture, writing techniques, plain language, tech comm careers, and more. Check out simplifying complexity and API documentation for some deep dives into these topics. If you're a technical writer and want to keep on top of the latest trends in the field, be sure to subscribe to email updates. You can also learn more about me or contact me.