Technical writer position for Amazon Appstore team in Seattle or Irvine
Here’s a description of the technical writer position.
Technical Writer, Amazon
The Digital Apps, Games and Services team helps mobile app and game developers to reach new customers on Fire and Android devices. Services like Alexa, GameOn, and Twitch are helping developers all over the world engage with customers and increase their success. If you're passionate about writing for mobile app and game developers, this could be the spot for you.
We are looking for an innovative technical writer to help us deliver documentation for APIs, devices, and services for the Amazon Digital Apps, Games & Services developer community. You will be responsible for creating developer-facing documentation including tutorials and quick-start guides, conceptual overviews, developer guides, detailed API documentation and sample code. To be successful in this role, you will be a first user of our APIs, services, and documentation, putting yourself in the developer's shoes and understanding what the developer wants to achieve.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation, be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working with highly technical teams in a fast-paced environment. Ideally, you have experience documenting Java, Android, and REST. In addition, this role offers the opportunity to gain familiarity with open source tools and modern website technologies such as Jekyll, Open API, and version control systems like Git.
- Deliver technically accurate documentation to help developers successfully adopt Amazon developer services
- Own the entire documentation set, including architecture, writing, editing, testing, and deployment
- Manage simultaneous documentation projects involving other team members and work with key stakeholders across the organization
- Continuously gather information from Business Development, Product Management, Developer Marketing and Tech Support to produce best practices and react to the needs of developers
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, Learning Technology, or related field
- Have 3+ years as a technical writer or content strategist
- Be able to write content that clearly communicates complex technical topics to customers.
- Experience working directly with designers and technical subject matter experts.
- Experience reading code in languages such as Java or Python
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Expertise with Markdown, HTML, CSS, and static site generators.
- Experience writing for an international audience.
- Experience creating scenario-based documentation for app and game developers.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the customer experience.
Read more here. If interested, send me an email with your resume + writing samples + a few paragraphs describing your interest. You can also apply to this position directly.