The following quick reference guide templates are sample layouts you can use as starting points when you brainstorm layouts for your documents. To add your quick reference guide here, feel free to send it to me at [email protected].
To read more about quick reference guides and templates, see the following:
- Quick Reference Guides: The Poetry of Technical Writing.
- Quick Reference Guide Formats -- Tips for Finding Attractive Layouts
- STC Presentation this Thursday: "Quick Reference Guides: Short and Sweet Technical Documentation"
- Quick Reference Guides Right Where You Need Them
- Quick Reference Guides: Short and Sweet Documentation
- Documentation Usability: A Few Things I've Learned from Watching Users
- Starting Points with Quick Reference Guides: Gathering Before Designing
- Quick reference guide slides from the Transalpine Conference
- Webinar Recording -- Organizing Help Content: Breaking Out of Topic-Based Hierarchies
- Quick Reference Guide Gallery
Quick Reference Guide GalleryThe following are some quick reference guide layouts you can model your guides after. (Note: I don't have InDesign or Word templates for you to download. You'll need to recreate the template yourself.)