Questions for letting users switch between macro and micro views
- Can the process be simplified by chunking the information into more granular steps?
- If there are multiple chunks spread out that users have to follow, is there a map that connects the chunks together in a navigable way?
- Would it be appropriate to provide a quick reference guide of the process, as a high-level map of the information terrain?
- Does each chunk connect to the next with a “Next Steps” section?
- What larger process does this task fit into?
- What mechanisms facilitate zooming in and out of the process?
- If you were to draw out the process, what would the workflow map look like?