Activity: Identify your goals
If you're an engineer, please take this quick survey focused on engineers who write documentation. This will help me better understand trends in this space. You can see the ongoing results here.
Ramping up on API documentation, developing a portfolio of API documentation writing samples, and completing all the activities in this course will require a lot of time and effort. In this activity, you’ll identify your goals and reasons for taking this course. Reflecting on your motivation will help you develop the right mindset and stamina to devote the necessary time for the course.
Activity: Identify your goals with API documentation
Identify your goals here and make sure they align with this course. Think about the following questions:
- Why are you taking this course?
- What are your career ambitions related to API documentation?
- Are you in a place where developer documentation jobs are plentiful?
- What would you consider to be a success metric for this course?
- Do you have the technical mindset needed to excel in developer documentation fields?
For live workshops, we typically share responses in a get-to-know-everyone format. But if you’re taking this course online, consider jotting down some thoughts in a journal or blog entry.
11/110 pages complete. Only 99 more pages to go.
Want to buy me lunch? Click the Donate button below to donate $10 through Paypal.