Activity 1a: Identify your goals
I'm giving an API documentation workshop in Los Angeles, California, on January 23, 2020. Check it out on EventBrite and register today to receive a $100 early bird discount.
Ramping up on API documentation, developing a portfolio of API documentation writing samples, and completing all the activities in this course will require a lot of time and effort. In this activity, you’ll identify your goals and reasons for taking this course. Reflecting on your motivation will help you develop the right mindset and stamina to devote the necessary time for the course.
Activity 1a: Identify your goals with API documentation
Identify your goals here and make sure they align with this course. Think about the following questions:
- Why are you taking this course?
- What are your career ambitions related to API documentation?
- Are you in a place where developer documentation jobs are plentiful?
- What would you consider to be a success metric for this course?
- Do you have the technical mindset needed to excel in developer documentation fields?
For live workshops, we typically share responses in a get-to-know-everyone format. But if you’re taking this course online, consider jotting down some thoughts in a journal or blog entry.
37/150 pages complete. Only 113 more pages to go.
Want to buy me lunch? Click the Donate button below to donate any amount through Paypal.