Activity: Test the docs in your Open Source project
Now that you’ve read about testing, it’s time to get some more hands-on practice.
1. Test a topic
With the open-source API project you’re working with, find one of the following:
- Getting started tutorial
- An API endpoint
- A tutorial or other key task
Test the content. For example, run all the endpoint requests. Proceed through all the steps in the tutorial. Do all the identified tasks with the topic. As you test out the content, identify any incorrect or missing or inaccurate information.
2. Find out test details
Identify who performs the testing on the project. Reach out and interact with the QA lead for the project to gather as much information as you can about how testing is done. Find answers to the following questions:
- Are there test cases used to run through various scenarios in the project?
- Where are the test cases stored?
- How are the tests executed? Automatically? Manually?
- What kind of testing is done before a release?
- If you encounter a bug while testing, how should you report it?
59/111 pages complete. Only 52 more pages to go...
Want to buy me lunch? Click the Donate button below to donate $10 through Paypal.